Elven Sted: Affordable Workforce and Family Housing
Have you ever heard of the organization Movin' Out? You should check them out if you're interested in finding a home of your own in your community. This is an example of one of their latest projects in Stoughton...
Elven Sted offers the opportunity to live in new housing built with quality and care. Affordable rents, multiple amenities, and a perfect riverside location distinguish these new homes and attract tenants who want to settle into a friendly, inclusive, stable community of neighbors. Elven Sted, reflecting the area’s history and culture, means “River Home Place” in Norwegian.
- Thirty-three units of new multi-family housing are situated on a 2.5-acre site in Stoughton, bordering the Yahara River at the corner of 8th and Dunkirk. Movin' Out, Inc. is the developer and owner. General Capital Group is co-developer. The project is financed with WHEDA low-income housing tax credits syndicated by National Equity Fund. Additional financing is provided by Dane County HOME funds and BMO Harris Bank.
- Elven Sted is an affirmatively inclusive community: the units are attractive examples of the best in workforce and family rental housing. A few units are adapted to meet accessibility needs of family members with disabilities.
- All units are affordable to low to moderate-income households.
- Energy conservation measures qualify the project for energy certifications.
- The landscape design includes a rain garden with plant species and soil components that will mitigate storm water runoff into river and add beauty to the landscape.
- The grounds include raised beds for gardening. A playground onsite allows for safely monitored play. Outdoor paths are graded to optimize stroller, walker and wheelchair use.
- Tenants have parking options in garages and reserved surface spaces.
- Storage for kayaks and canoes is available on site. Boaters launch at the Yahara River terminus of Eighth Street, adjacent to Elven Sted.
- Elven Sted is located in central Stoughton and is in convenient proximity to Stoughton’s business center and major employers. The affordable one, two, and three bedroom homes are attractive to Stoughton workers and are also seen as a valuable addition to the community by employers who recognize the benefits of having their employees live in the same community where they work.
Elven Sted adds value by promoting affordable, good quality housing that welcomes a range of households that include families who live, work and play in Stoughton.
Elven Sted is owned by Movin' Out, Inc., a non-profit organization whose mission is affordable housing solutions for people with disabilities. www.movin-out.org -- firstname.lastname@example.org